Monday, February 4, 2008

De-stressing at Ganban


On the night of Feb. 3, 2008, I finally went to The Ganban Wellness and Relaxation Center on Jupiter Street in Makati City. I had long wanted to try its facilities after my girlfriend and I saw the center being featured on Q-TV's "Living It Up!" show sometime late last year. Since being assigned in Cebu in 2003 until 2005, my body had been addicted to massage and other forms of removing stress. Imagine my surprise when I saw a notice posted on our office' bulletin board early last January that the center's owner, Victor Toru Shiroma, is offering discount to Manila Shimbun employees. With an urge to try out their bedrock bath and massage chair, I called the center to make a booking for the night of Feb. 3. Then off I went to the center.

Upon arrival, I was greeted by a very pleasant attendant, and she immediately led me to the Men's Section on the second floor of the center. The very clean and spacious receiving area, by the way, deserves to be mentioned.

My session started with a shower, then the 15-minute use of the Black Silica Bedrock. According to the center, this improves the general condition of the vital organs, rejuvenates metabolism, and detoxifies the body as it stimulates perspiration all over the body. It particularly improves blood circulation, and relieves stiff shoulders, stress, backaches, rheumatism, atrophy, respiratory infections, slip disc, and diabetes, the center said. The attendant directed me to lie face down first for five minutes, and then go the opposite direction for 10 minutes.

From the bedrock, I crossed over to the relaxation room where I used the hi-tech computerized massage chair for 15 minutes. You have the option to go for hard up to soft pressure. While sitting on the chair, you could either close your eyes or watch a show on TV. The attendant then offered me a cup of oxygenated water.

Then, I went back again to the bedrock for another 15-minute session.

This was followed by the use of the Aroma Oxygen Inhaler for about 10 minutes at the relaxation room.

And then, I had another 15-minutes of bedrock bath.

My final stop was the massage chair again for another round of 15-minute-pressure on the arms, feet and legs, back of the upper body, and back of the head. As I write this, I still could not forget the soothing effect of what felt like a rolling ball on my back from my waist up to my shoulders, as if crushing and flushing out of my system what some masseurs/masseuses call as "lamig-lamig." It really felt sooooooo good, I did not hesitate to moan (hehehe).

As I stood up the massage chair, I felt totally de-stressed, feeling like I was ready to accept new tasks at work (although I really hope for otherwise). I realized it was worth more than what I paid for... By the way, did I say I paid P350 only?

Anyway, one proof of how good that experience was my very sound sleep last night. Having said that, I am sure I will return to Ganban in the coming weeks to de-stress myself and feel like a human being again. :)

No comments: